Saturday, January 24, 2009

My MacBook Story


When I was in college, I had an Apple desktop computer. That was about 18 years ago, whew~. I still remember that an Apple commuter was very expensive at that time. Then, how did I get one? Was I rich? Well, I don't know...maybe... My mother bought an Apple desktop computer to encourage me.....to be a good college student. So I kept my apple computer until I graduated from my college.

After graduating college, my old Apple computer became dumb. So I saved money and bought a beautiful Apple laptop computer. Well, the screen wasn't color. The screen color was black and white and something between. But the computer worked really fine. So I used my laptop until I came to the U.S. in 1997. 

Unfortunately, however, one day a burglar broke into my house in Detroit, Michigan and that person stole my laptop. Well, actually that person (probably two or three people) stole almost everything from my house. Because I was a student, I needed a computer at that time. Well, I wanted to buy another apple laptop or desktop computer. But I couldn't because it was so expensive. So I had to give up my dream and got a PC.

Then... 12 years later in 2009, I finally met a chance to buy an Apple computer again. The story begins with like this. Jenny and I talked about buying a new computer for our son, John. So, I was trying to research to buy a desktop computer for John. 

However, all of sudden, something happened to my old laptop computer (2 years old). I found out that It acted really strange every day. And it worked extremely slow. Then I began to win Jenny's heart. "Hey, I think I need a new computer...my old one became a monster.." Well, as I expected, Jenny said, "NO." However, I strongly felt that it would be the last chance for me to buy an Apple computer. So, I began to ask her to buy an Apple computer almost everyday. Well, unfortunately, she never changed her heart.

Then one day, she came up with a list of "What I have to do." And she said, "if you really want to buy an Apple computer, sign this contract paper." Wow, isn't she amazing? She changed her heart! Did I sign the paper? Why not! I sign up with no hesitation. Then I finally got my Apple MacBook. Oh~ it's so good and so fast. I recommend you to buy one.

Huh~ How about my son's computer? Well, I am trying to fix my old one, and I will give it to him. Hum...I think I am a selfish father, right? Hey, John, I'm sorry. But I promise you. I will give you my Apple MacBook four years later. Maybe....next year, if I could buy a MacPro...I'm greedy....

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment