Saturday, January 24, 2009

A blog family




Here, you see a picture of my son, John Kim. He made his blog a couple of months ago, then he didn't change anything until today. Then all of sudden, he sees my blog today. Guess what? He sits right next to me with my old HP laptop on his lap. Then he tries to figure out how to change things on his blog. Oh~ finally, John and I became a blog family. Let me tell you more about my son.

John is a smart boy (I know all the parents would say, 'my boy/girl is smart!). He began to read when he was 18 months. If you are father or mother, you can understand what I'm trying to say. I mean it would be impossible for a baby to read, but John did. However, since John was our first boy, we thought that John's reading ability was a kind of normal. So, we didn't do anything, but just enjoyed watching him read everything. Yes, some people praised John's incredible ability. Then I used to reply like this, "John gets his smartness from me!"

John had been doing so good until we moved to Anchorage, Alaska in 2006. We came to Anchorage for my one yearlong internship at Trinity CRC. He did well in the year of 2006. He received the president award (outstanding academic excellence). Then all of sudden, his grade began to gradually go down the hill like a snow ball rolling down.... Even some of teachers complained about John's behaviors in the classroom. Well, I tried to defend John whenever teachers complained about his classroom behaviors. I hope they understood me... 

Well, John still gets good grades (90% A and 10% B), but he doesn't get the best grade that we always want him to get. He doesn't do his best. That's what I see from him. Maybe we expect too much for him. Now John is finishing up his last year of elementary education. Then he will be a middle school student in September 2009. Then, what shall we do? How can I encourage him to study hard? Parenting is not easy. Yes it is a joyful experience. Yet, it is hard. Please God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment