Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grace oh! Grace


Her name is Grace, in Greek "Charis-χάρις". I like the word Grace because it reminds me of God's grace, His abundant grace that I never deserve to receive. When Grace was born in 2000, we actually thought about two different names for our daughter. One was "Grace" and the other one was "Gloria." Well, Jenny and I decided to name our new born baby as 'Grace' because it is our favorite word from the Bible.

Grace always bring us joy and happiness. She makes me laugh. She likes to sing, dance and keep on track daddy's schedule. As her father, it's my pure joy to watch her doing something. I still remember when she was three years old. At that time, Grace really wanted to go to school like her brother John. So she asked her mother to send her to school. Then Jenny told her, "If you want to go to school, you have to do this...." And Jenny gave her a preschooler workbook which includes counting numbers, matching numbers and coloring. Jenny thought that Grace would take a couple of days or months to finish the book. Yet, amazingly, Grace took only a day to finish the workbook. Can you believe that? That's my daughter Yo!

Jenny and I used to talk about Grace. We both agree that we don't have to worry about Grace because she takes care of her life. There is a song title, 'Grace' written by Michael W. Smith. Whenever I listen to the song, I pray for my daughter Grace and give thanks to the Lord because of His grace. Grace Oh Grace~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment